So I can’t believe we’re nine days into January all ready! How are your resolutions going? I’m still sorting out mine- I’ve stroked a few things of my resolution/goal list and am still working on others. But one group (I sorted my resolutions into groups- fitness, healthy eating, hobbies, skills, random) have made a big difference in keeping my positivity- I’ve made a special effort to do these 8 things every day and I do feel the better of it. :)
1. Start each morning by telling yourself it’s going to be a good day. I stuck a picture of a beautiful, colourful landscape with the words “Today is a good day to feel groovy” onto my bookcase so it’s the first thing I see each morning. I know I probably overuse “groovy”, but the phrase makes me smile and reminds me that each day is a fresh start.
2. Morning yoga. I like to begin the day with a short yoga sequence. It only takes about 2 minutes and it instantly wakes me up.
3. Clean eating. I’ve cut down on the biscuits and chocolates and thus tooth aches. Plus I feel a sense of achievement when I resist temptation.
4. Skill Build/ Hobbies. I’ve always wanted to draw well and I found this book “You can draw in 30 days”. It’s quite basic but I’d definitely recommend it. I assigned an amount of time each day to art and see a big difference in my skills. I may not be the next Da Vinci, but I’m happy out!
5. Meditate. Last year, I heard all about the benefits of meditation so I thought I’d download some apps and see what the hype was about. Even if I only spend five minutes meditating, it helps me feel calmer and more relaxed.
6. One good deed. Even something as simple as making coffee for my big brother or leaving a nice note on the bus to brighten a stranger’s day.
7. One new fact. Because the person who recites random facts is always the life of the party, right?
8. Three good things. At the end of each night, I write down 3 good things that happened in my day. I tried this in the past, but getting into the habit of actually writing the things into my diary helps me keep the resolution. The resolution helps me focus on the things that went well in my day rather than that one thing that might have gone badly.
On a side note, I’m still working out my fitness routine- it’s a bit all over the place at the moment, but I’ve been active every day (even if it’s just a bit of yoga sometimes). Anyway, things are going to change for me soon: I’m moving away from home. I got a job in another county and I’m moving on Sunday. I hope to start one of Neila Rey’s challenges once I’m settled in, but for now, I’m just doing random workouts and getting some bits and pieces sorted out.
I’m bit scared to be honest- I’ve never lived away from home before (since I commuted to college each day). Plus I’ll have my first job outside of college, so there’s a lot going on. But overall- I’m really excited. Here’s to new beginnings and whatnot!
Have a great day, everyone :)
Thanks for reading